Tooth bonding is used for a variety of purposes:
- correct a tooth gap
- cover discolorations
- repair chipped/cracked teeth.
Tooth bonding is dependent upon the artistic ability of the dentist, since the work is done “freehand” without taking impressions or using a laboratory. The tooth must be color-matched, sculpted, and polished to produce a beautiful and natural-looking result. Dr. Naz is specially trained in tooth bonding techniques and has years of experience in cosmetic dentistry has a natural flair for creating beautiful teeth.
The Bonding Procedure
Bonding takes approximately 30-60 minutes in a single visit to our office.
- First, we select a shade of composite resin that is as close as possible to the shade of your teeth
- Then, Dr. Naz applies a liquid that helps the bonding material adhere to the teeth
- The composite resin is applied to the teeth, smoothed into the desired shape, and hardened with a high intensity light
- After the resin has hardened, Dr. Naz makes a few final touches and polishes the teeth being treated until they resemble the other teeth.