What is Bruxism?
Bruxism is the act of consciously or unconsciously clenching or grinding your teeth either during the day or while you sleep. Bruxism is considered both a medical and a dental problem. This is because it affects both the teeth and all of the structure near it, including the head.
Effects of Bruxism
Teeth grinding, although it is not a major health issue, can bring about problems like mouth, jaw, and face problems, broken dentures, missing teeth, and many others. It is very important for adults to consult a dentist so that their teeth grinding habit is addressed before any further problems develop.
People grind their teeth for a variety of reasons. Doctors believe that it is because of stress. Dentists say that it happens because one’s teeth are not properly aligned with each other. Whatever the cause treatment should not be delayed.
Treatment of Bruxism
Dr. Naz will fit you with custom Mouth Guards to prevent you from grinding and clenching your teeth. Night mouth guards are bite pads that are worn at night as you sleep. These guards are made of high-grade plastic and should fit the teeth or mouth perfectly. This device keeps the upper teeth from grinding with the lower teeth, offering an instant solution to teeth clenching problems.
Indications of Bruxism
- Intense clenching of teeth enough to wake up somebody
- Flattened, worn down, and chipped teeth
- Worn teeth enamels
- Sensitive teeth (extensive pain in their gums when their teeth are subjected to something very cold or very hot)
- Pain and tightness in the jaws and its muscles
- Instances of earaches (when the jaws move constantly and involuntarily the muscle that connects to the ear suffers as well)
- Facial pains
- Damaged cheek tissue